T minus 1 hours and 16 minutes until take off...
it is with mixed emotions that I sit and write this post.
I am excited at what lies ahead, yet a bit nervous about how everything will unfold.
Will we get to Madison full of smiles or tears? Packing up all of the entertainment items for the road trip takes me back to the days of younger years when I traveled cross-country with my family - all 9 of us, in a conversion van to Florida. I remember my dad plugging the TV/VCR combo into the cigarette lighter while my family debated which tapes to listen to along the way.... boy how times have changed. Now the DVD player hangs compactly from the ceiling with the wireless headphones resting in the seat backs.
Leapsters, DS, IPods and computers all accessible with the slightest slip of hand. What would happen if we just forced our kids and ourselves to unplug, look out the window, and just simply take in the great beauty of our country? Would our kids find the same fun we did in the license plate game, name that tune or radio sing alongs. Nothing beats falling asleep in the backseat of the car to peaceful vibrations of the rubber hitting the open road. Times have changed but hopefully the lasting memories of a family road trip stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment